Tan will leave Aegis at the end of October and start work with The Star in November.
It's understood that he will be responsible for the media owner's digital infrastructure and properties. His role overlaps that of former digital business COO, Wong Siah Ping, who resigned in July.
So far, there has been no news of Tan's replacement from Aegis Malaysia.
Tan has been...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events