According to a brief statement from Petronas, published in The Star, Leo Burnett will handle the national oil company's corporate and festive work, while McCann will manage its retail projects. The contract, which is for two years, will start 30 September.
McCann and Leo Burnett were selected, after a 10-month long pitch process, from a shortlist of six agencies that also included MC Saatchi, Dentsu Utama, Draftfcb and Ogilvy Mather.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events